Sunday, October 29, 2006

Johannesburg Transit

Johannesburg Airport VIP lounge...

Man, from international arrival to this place in the domestic section, I feel like I have walked to Cape Town!.

Qantas is a curious airline. The check in is BRILLIANT. Since I am riding up front, an agent dedicates himself to me from pavement arrival through check in through customs to the first class lounge...fabulous. The flight though is rather curious: MOST of their international flights are tremendously long distance and I think they have it down pat: while the champagne is vintage Dom Perignon, the food (two meals on the 14-odd hour flight in from Sydney) is not what anyone would call luxe and I think the reason is not that it would be much more expensive to have foie gras and caviar and so on, but it would bloat a person beyond reason! The first meal: my choice of a free range chicken breast with wild mushrooms...second meal: my choice of a duck confit...both delicious but not over the top. I am going to be curious to compare my two upcoming BA flights. Cape Town to London and London to Toronto.

I am remarkably awake considering. And every free computer I see simply beckons me to write something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home