Friday, April 25, 2008

Three Stans - Chicago to Istanbul

The CHICAGO WHITEHALL is tired and they have lost a lot of their joie...for example they ask for picture ID...my room ac roared but nothing came out and it was stuffy...but the adjacent Italian restaurant is interesting and I had a good dinner...Tony you were right on as Le Colonial is just around the corner north of Delaware of Rush and I had a grand drink there...not much else for now...I am in repose until tomorrow AM when Aysegulh as a full car and driver program which I know will be wonderful...flew OVER Munich and thought to Ellison...it is an odd world

The flight on TK was exemplary from check in at O'Hare until arrival Istanbul....Business on the Airbus has 36 seats and four attendants are assigned....lovely creatures they...the menu is handed out and my name is on it....the dinner is lengthy and glorious and the raki flows....fabulous mezze and then I elected halibut grilled with wild mushrooms...then an orange crepe cooked on board!....the seat is ALMOST horizontal...one of the Turkish stewardesses told me that their impetus in joining Star Alliance meant a whole new service level and believe me they put such members as United and Lufthansa to shame...breakfast was little lemon pancakes with sausages....the whole thing utterly professional and friendly and enjoyable. Aysegul awaited me at the airport looking radiant all done up in tartans she bought in Edinburgh...Sally this strange hotel is yes strange...sort of done up in a Turk's idea of HIGH Las Vegas with gilded this and that, a huge shower that doubles as a steam bathi jacuzzi and no doubt also a telephone and muffin maker... I managed to take a shower without wrecking the diabolical looking monster (which one encloses oneself in with a bit of prayer)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home