Friday, October 06, 2006

Spa Day!

After sleeping in again until 8 we began the day with a woogie-woogie treatment by a Canadian woman named Rhonda, called a "rain-drop" therapy. (I'll try anything once....especially on the recommendation of the Pieter) This involved a very gentle process of dropping about 8 very pure essential oils on one's back...in a precise sequence all along the spine. The idea is to draw out toxins while listening to next-generation Enya-type hoo ha blah de blah. I prefer getting beat up during a massage. I'll try anything once.

In the afternoon, we went ahead with some more terrestrial treatments including chalk and coffee scrubs, massage and, for me, a coffee scrub along with an Indian head massage. The last cured me of a head cold I'd been carrying for a couple of days... seemingly within minutes!

We took it easy for the rest of the day, if that makes sense at all. After dinner at the comfy "living room" pavillion in the hotel we went back to our villa for one more moonlit swim.

That was when the call came from my sister, Ellison Poe, back home that our itinerary to New Zealand had WON the vote for NBC Today show's couple, Molly and Jason, just minutes before! What a fantastic reward at the end of a stress-free day! They would be heading off on their grand adventure in mere hours!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home